The au pair program is a cultural exchange experience that allows you to integrate a host family to care for children in a warm family environment. This program gives you the opportunity to learn about a different culture while sharing yours. This framework also gives you the opportunity to study, in parallel with childcare hours.
Regulations for the au pair program differ from a country to another, but in general, an au pair must meet the following criteria:
- Have childcare and/or babysitting experience (references) according to the regulations of your host country
- Provide a clean criminal record
- Be in good health
- Have basic language skills
- Depending on the country, you can be au pair between 3 and 12 months.
- No planned funding but in exchange for your work for the family, you are housed and fed. This is very convenient when you want to go to places where rents are very expensive such as London, Paris or New York.