The ‘Axes Sud’ programme supports exchange projects between young French-speaking people from Wallonia or Brussels and young Africans. The objective is to build a concrete project (theatre, video, exhibition, collective creation, …) around a common theme in order to discover other cultures and realities through the exchange on interesting issues. This project can take place either in Africa or in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation (host).
FOR WHO IS IT FOR?
- You are a group of minimum 4 young people from Federation Wallonia-Brussels (FWB) (maximum 10 young people can be financed)
- You have a clearly identified African partner group similar to yours
- You are between 18 and 35 years old (16-17 year olds can participate if they are supervised by a youth worker who will receive the grant if they meet the programme criteria)
- You are a French-speaking resident, for at least 2 years, in Wallonia or Brussels
- Minimum 7 days of activity on site in line with the project’s objectives
- In one of these nine countries: Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Morocco, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Tunisia
- In the Wallonia-Brussels Federation
- For projects with partners from Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia: a flat rate of €500 per person travelling with a maximum of €5.000 per project
- For projects with partners from Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Senegal: a flat rate of €850 per person travelling with a maximum of €8.500 per project