From October 16 to 20, 2023, Manon was lucky enough to be able to take part in a training course on tutoring European volunteers in Strasbourg (France).
Indeed, as she is in charge of supporting volunteers in the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) program at the Namur Office, it was important for Manon to keep abreast of the latest developments in the European program, as well as to complete her training as a tutor in order to best support Dynamo International volunteers, both administratively and in the field.
The training course had a number of objectives:
– to present the « European Solidarity Corps » program
– Highlight the dimensions of solidarity and impact on society specific to the CES scheme
– Identify what is expected of CES tutors, question their pedagogical posture and exchange best tutoring practices;
– Integrate the intercultural dimension, anticipate and manage the culture shock caused by international mobility.
– Help manage difficulties linked to welcoming and supporting volunteers.
– Developing her partnership network.
Manon would like to thank the BIJ team, and in particular, the french trainer Audrey Pérron, for these moments of sharing, without whom this wonderful solidarity project would not have been possible.